Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lizard in the sink


As I was washing supper dishes, I saw a baby gecko in the stainless-steel kitchen sink. He seemed terrified and tried to “hide” along the edge when I ran water. I thought I’d leave him alone and let him find his way out overnight. In warm climates where the homes are quite open to outside air, geckos are welcome in the house since they eat mosquitoes and other unwelcome insects.

The next morning he was still there. I concluded that he was too small to be able to climb up the straight, slick sides of the sink. I have no idea how he got in there! So, I went ahead and caught him and put him in the pail under the sink where the garbage is kept. After all, that is where all the other lizards live! I have actually gotten in the habit of banging the cupboard door before opening it to put something in the garbage pail. If I don’t, there is a good chance that one or more lizards will come flying out, then scrambling around to find a place to hide. So, I prefer knocking ahead of time to let them know I'm coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment