Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hmm -- I think I prefer the rain!

We had two afternoons in a row with clear skies and sunshine. I decided that maybe the rain was preferable because when the rain stops the bugs come out! The first clear afternoon, ants took over the floor of our meeting room. I guess they hadn’t been able to get out and look for food for several days during the rain and were all out scouting. That evening we also had the first mosquito in our studio apartment – fortunately there was only one and I was able to swat it. But, I did more carefully tuck in the edges of my mosquito net when going to bed that night. After all, this is a malaria region. On the evenings that it wasn’t raining, someone would come by our studio apartment and spray the bedrooms thoroughly with insecticide about an hour before we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment