Thursday, February 18, 2010

My sincerest thanks

Thank you! Thank you to all our supporters whose gifts make mission trips like this possible. And especially, thank you to everyone for your prayers. They were answered with abundance – I stayed healthy, travels went well (if you land safely somewhat around the planned time and your luggage shows up on the carousel, it has been a good trip!!), and all of the projects in both France and Zambia were even more successful than I had hoped for. A lot got done in a very concentrated lapse of time. Your partnership has been appreciated. Thank you. And, please do continue to pray for the outreach of God’s people in France, in Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean as the Lord brings them to mind. I hope that through these updates these people now feel a little more like members of the same Body to you – after all, they are!

1 comment:

  1. Diane, I, along with another woman from our Reformed Episcopal Church in Dayton, OH and a couple we met through our local refugee ministry, traveled to Rwanda last fall for 3 weeks. We were hosted by ARDR, a NGO in the Rwamagana District of Rwanda. Our purpose was to learn about the work and how we might help, and to teach ESL classes during our visit. It was a most heartbreaking, yet rewarding experience.

    I heard about your blog today in the On Line Fellowship email, and had to visit. It's amazing that many of your impressions are so similar to my own.

    We are currently working on a project to help fund the construction of an orphan's school in an extremely impoverished rural area. It feels like a very daunting task, but with God's help, the work will be done.

    I'm not a writer, but I recorded as much of our trip as I could here:
    http://muzungumemoirs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete